Goswitchgear.com has created the following privacy and security policy to inform you of the following: What information we collect, when we collect it, how and why we collect it, how we use it, how we protect it, how we share it and what choices you have regarding our collection and use of this information.
- ‘‘All credit/debit cards’ details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties’’
- www.goswitchgear.com will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties’’
- www.goswitchgear.com takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, www.goswitchgear.com (website) cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online’’
- www.goswitchgear.com is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.’’
1. What information do we collect?
Types of Information We Collect
- Your name
- Your billing and delivery address
- Your e-mail address.
- Your phone (or mobile) number
- Your credit/debit card number
- Information on how you are using the Site.
- Your purchase/return/exchange/Warranty information
2. When do We collect information?
- You purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products and services from the Site or mobile application.
- You create a goswitchgear.com account.
- You connect with us regarding customer service via our customer service centre, or on social media platforms.
- You visit the Site or participate in interactive features of the Site or mobile application.
- You use a social media service, for example, our Facebook page or YouTube channel.
- You sign up for e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications from us.
- You enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to one of our surveys, or participate in a focus group.
- You provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input.
- You interact with our Site through your computer, tablet, or mobile device.
3. How and why do we collect information?
We may use tracking pixels/web beacons, cookies and or other technologies to receive and store certain types of information. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser information, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. This information helps us customize your website experience and make our marketing messages more relevant. It also allows us to provide features such as storage of items in your cart between visits. This includes our content presented on other websites or mobile applications. In order to provide the best customer experience possible, we also use this information for reporting and analysis purposes, such as how you are shopping our website, performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
Third Party Cookies
We allow third-party companies to collect anonymous information when you visit the Sites and to use that information to serve ads for our products or services or for products or services of other companies when you visit the Sites or other websites. These companies may use anonymous information (e.g., navigational, non-personally identifiable information, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, etc.) during your visits to the Sites and other websites in order to provide advertisements about our goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These parties may use a cookie or a third-party web beacon, or other technologies, to collect this information.
User Experience Information
In order to improve customer online shopping experience, help with fraud identification, and to assist our customer care representatives in resolving issues customers may experience in completing online purchases, we use tools to monitor certain user experience information, including, but not limited to, login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g., information entered during checkout process), and browser information.
Information from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from companies that can enhance our existing customer information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our customers (e.g., adding address information). This may improve our ability to contact you and improve the relevancy of our marketing by providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you.
Any information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected, or used by us and other participants, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
Although you do not have to provide your location information to us to use our mobile applications, our services require a zip code to function. If you have questions about location and notification privacy, please contact your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
4. How do we use the information that we collect?
Product and Service Fulfilment
- Fulfil and manage purchases, orders, payments, returns/exchanges/warranties, or requests for information, or to otherwise serve you.
- Provide any requested services.
- Administer sweepstakes and contests.
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, receipt messages, e-mails, and mobile messages.
- Send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions.
- Administer promotions.
- Improve the effectiveness of the Site, mobile experience, and marketing efforts.
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys.
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy.
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our customers and our business.
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas.
5. How do we protect the information that we collect?
We maintain technical, administrative, physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard this information, the Sites use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name, and address so only we are able to decode the information.
Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information. Phishing is a scam designed to steal your information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for certain information, do not respond. Though we might ask you your name, we will never request your password, credit card information or other information through e-mail.
Information About Children
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We are committed to protecting children’s privacy and we comply fully with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We will never knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 18 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that an individual is under the age of 18 and has submitted any information to us, for any purpose without prior verifiable parental consent, we will delete his or her information from our files.
We also ask customers to carefully review their accounts and immediately report any unexpected activity to us and their issuing bank or credit card company. We ask all our customers to take measures to help protect information in their online accounts, including the following:
- Install the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses.
- Reset your e-mail account passwords frequently.
- Use complex passwords (a minimum of 7 alpha/numeric Case Sensitive characters).
- Do not use the same password on more than one website.
- Do not share your password with others.
- Sign out/log off website sessions so that your session is closed and cannot be accessed by another user on the same computer, especially when using a public computer or terminal.
6. How do we share the information that we collect?
We do not sell or rent customer information to third parties; except, under limited circumstances outlined below, we may share information with third parties.
Goswitchgear.com operators and owners
We share information we collect with the goswitchgear.com operators and owners, which includes all of our subsidiaries and affiliates. Goswitchgear.com may use this information to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you.
We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, e-mail, mobile marketing, or data enhancement provider) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
We may disclose information you provide to us when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our customers, or others.
When You Direct Us
At your direction or request, we may share your information.
If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, we generally would transfer the corresponding information regarding our customers. We also may retain a copy of that customer information.
7. What choices do you have?
If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, you also have the ability to unsubscribe to promotional e-mails via the opt-out link included in each e-mail. It may take up to 10 business days before you stop receiving promotional e-mails.
Important Notices and Transactional E-mail
From time to time, we may send non-commercial electronic email messages with important information about us or the Sites to your email address.
We regularly send email order confirmations, email order updates and leave a review emails to you after you have submitted an order.
We may distribute mobile coupons and text messages to mobile devices of customers who have requested this information via an opt-in request. Customers will be able to opt out of a specific mobile messaging campaign.
The help function of your browser should contain instructions to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your computer to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Site features.
If you do not wish to receive promotional communication from us, email us at email@example.com to opt out. This opt out does not apply to operational communication, for example, confirmation of delivery address.
8. How do you access and update the information?
In order to keep your information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of your information in the following ways:
If you have created an account, you can log in and update your account information, including contact, billing, and shipping information.
Contact us with your current contact information and the information you would like to access. We will provide you the information requested if reasonably available or will describe more fully the types of information we typically collect.